Saturday, March 30, 2013

Photo Stories--Stupeflix


I love making photo stories, I enjoy using Stupeflix. I feel like a movie director tonight, this is amazing. I use Stupeflix to make my own movie which shares my alternative spring break experience to New Orleans about two weeks ago.

Personally speaking,  Stupeflix is a great tool to make photo stories. It's easy to learn how to use it, and it also provides a couple of themes for you to choose. I will create my own photo stories for my students in the future. I think it can be an efficient way to raise the students' concentration and motivation for my class.  There's various way for me to use photo story, first of all, I can use it to creating movies for certain topics. For example, if I'm going to teach the diverse culture of China, I will create a photo story with pictures of different provinces of China, local music and tradition foods there to help the learners to understand the topic. At the same time, I can ask the students to make their own photo stories. I will ask them to make a photo story about one city she/he has visited before. In order to help them make a good photo story, I will introduce  Stupeflix to them first. I am plan to create a Voice Thread first,  showing then how to make their own story on this website step by step. Then I will ask them to insert text on each image, using correct grammar point. 

To conclude, photo story might be the most  exciting tool to use both by the teacher and students.  A video can provide more information that a book can not offer. Let's picking photo story into our teaching method basket!


1 comment:

  1. Your ideas for using photo-stories sound quite motivating.

    ReplyDelete