Saturday, March 30, 2013

Connect Your Classroom With Voice Thread

 As an efficient teaching tool, Voiced Thread can combine technology with our teaching goals.  Here, I think Erin Puntoriero's Voice Thread  is an excellent class. Definitely I will pick some of her ideas in this Voice Thread for my own teaching purpose in the future.  First of all, this is a totally integrated voice thread, Eric combines pictures, voice record, video and linked website in this slide. The topic here is 'Mexico', which help students to have a better understanding about this country as well as the culture. Before she asked the students to make comments, she first remind them several points about making a comment, this helps me a lot when I made my own record. Then Eric provides both audio and written instruction about how to make a comment, it should be very easy for students to follow. In addition she also provides students various sources to help them understand the culture about Mexico. For example, this is one of the linked website for the students:

In the last slide, she will remind the students again to make a correct comment. What surprised me most is that she even assigns points for each question, it will drive the students to be more focused when making their comments. I think students will have a clear understanding about Mexico culture after this Voice Thread.

I also enjoy Miao Gu's Voice Thread.  I think she picks a great topic for the ESL class.  All these three questions in her voice thread will help the teacher to get a better understanding about their students' backgrounds. Such a topic will also provide a great opportunity for the students to know each other. Besides, Miao also uses a completed PowerPoint to show her students how to make their ow comments, it is very useful for the students to understand how Voice Thread works.

1 comment:

  1. Your review of your classmae's Voicethreads is the best one I have read. I think you really reflected on what they did and how you might incorporate some of their strategies in your own classes.

    ReplyDelete